I happened onto the UAAP Fan Code Of Conduct and read it with some interest. ‘Some’ because this is all stuff all of us should’ve known and follow wether it’s written down or not, and secondly because writing them down is one thing, implementing them is totally something else.
So in the spirit of writing down rules that are best to be taken with a grain of salt, over my morning coffee I’ve decided to make my own.
So without further ado, Ladies and Gents, herewith is myÃ‚Â BallEx Code Of Conduct.Ã‚Â Check it!
- UP fans will stop referring to themselves as smarter than everyone, primarily because these contests will involve athletics and not academics (and if they were smart they’d know that).
- ADMU fans will reconsider saying ‘win or lose its the school we choose’ because, frankly, I doubt any of us chose the schools we graduated from on the basis of their UAAP/NCAA performance. Otherwise we’d all have gone to Taft.
- NU students will refrain from becoming fans of the Bulldogs for a period of one (1) year subject to the fact that it’s tasteless to find yourself suddenly becoming a fan after your team instantly becomes a contender via an infusion of SM money. Only previous NU fans, particularly those who stuck with them through thick and thin, are allowed to remain fans this year.
- Anyone thinking of bringing a vuvuzuela to the games should just stop.
- Fans carrying signs or wearing clothing with obscene, deregatory or indecent messages will be requested to discard said sign/wear the shirt inside out. Smart-aleck fans guilty of above will not imprint obscene, deregatory or indecent messages on the insides of their shirts.
- Female courtside reporters who obviously care little about sports yet are using this opportunity to further a broadcasting or showbiz career will be asked to consider using the FHM route to fame as a viable alternative.
- Fans of teams who lose a game will refrain from congratulating fans of winning teams because they had nothing to do with it. Conversely, fans of winning teams will not take credit for their teams exemplary performance also because they had nothing to do with it.
- Female men’s basketball fans are requested to choose their male idols on the basis of athletic ability, skill and talent as opposed to appearance. On this note, please ignore the male women’s volleyball fans.
- Fans are free to dispense with all tasteful behaviour should there be commercial activity intended to crassly commercialize ADMU/DLSU games (please refer to the ‘Ridiculous Unveiling Of The Ford Focus‘ circa 2005). Fans are free to boo, hiss, throw items at, disrespect and strongly manifest all levels of disgust upon such displays.
- Selecta is behooved to please, for the love of God, refrain from requiring Cheerdance entrants to display their logo. We know you sponsor it. Please leave it at that.
- Any and all prayers before a game should be discarded. This is just a basketball game. Jesus Christ.
- Jejemon fans are required to speak and write in either fluent English or Tagalog at all times. During the games, before, after, and forever.
- Fans who are taking any of above seriously are advised to get a life.
Fans may report any inappropriate behavior to Rick Olivares (http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com). He da man. He’ll take care of you.